Saturday, June 22, 2013

Jealousy, Comparision and Competition

The surest route to breeding jealousy is to compare. Since jealousy comes from feeling less than another, comparisons only fan the fires.
Dorothy Corkville Briggs


Comparisons and competition are the surest way to lose friends, respect, and make yourself hateful to everyone. We become jealous of others because we have doubts about ourselves. We do not live in truth realizing that no one is the same as the another person. So we are unable to duplicate the talents of another person. We are all different and blessed with different talents.

I have always enjoyed a good discussion. I have had many problems with people willing to fight to the death over the fact that they were right. If I was right it was a permanent insult to them. They doubted themselves and I was the cause of it so they became angry. If I did something I wanted to do or that they wanted to happen to them they became jealous. It was why did that happen to her as I deserve that to happen to me. They competed and most of the time we did not end up friends no matter how much I tried to ignore it.

I always wonder how they can make their life so miserable by trying to prove they are the best. They have fun trying to shame and humiliate the person instead of moving on from the past. You can never change your life occurrences so the past will always have an influence. You tell what happens with your life and if it is bad people say you are clinging to the past. It can be true or just a statement of facts.

The problem is when the past is all about your competing and being jealous of others. I always try to forgive myself and the other person and move onward. Jealousy is destructive and like a war. You can win and destroy everything you love, and want in your life. Are you a jealous person or compare yourself to everyone and compete with others to show how you are the best? If you do think how much fun it would be to just be yourself and have joy in your life.

  

No comments:

Welcome to my Blog

My blog will be about my work helping others with spiritual problems. I will talk about methods, try to brainstorm on different methods, and many of the problems I encounter and the people encounter with being able to be healed.