Saturday, August 20, 2011

Perceptions and Reality

Reality is what we take to be true.
What we take to be true is what we believe.
What we believe is based upon our perceptions.
What we perceive depends upon what we look for.
What we look for depends upon what we think.
What we think depends upon what we perceive.
What we perceive determines what we believe.
What we believe determines what we take to be true.
What we take to be true is our reality.

~ Gary Zukav ~



Reactions and perceptions are a big part of our life.  In the work that I do many people say God does not listen to me. Nothing ever goes my way and they believe it. Yet each morning when they wake up they are making their reality into what they wish it to be. Breaking out of that reality is not always an easy thing to do. I know that I have had my life shaped by others beliefs many times.It is because they are so persistent to have others join them in their misery instead of laughing enjoying life and having fun.

Yet why should I be in the same mood as others. Belief is a powerful tool and so many things try to shape our reality and beliefs. You watch the news and you perceive the world as a harsh place that is going bankrupt and many other negative things. Yet if we perceive ourselves as able to cope and deal with our problems and think outside of the box. We will not have those attitudes.You could also watch the news and say I have a great life and thank God even if you do not know who is helping you intellectually.

I have always enjoyed traveling but every thing seemed to happen where I saw the US and parts of Mexico or Canada. I never thought about planning for travel out of the country. Yet I always prayed that I would find a way to do my work and enjoy myself. I was amazed when I became well known enough to have people pay for me to travel to help them.  I did a good job, made many friends and my perceptions changed. I would have laughed at anyone who told me I would be going to all of the places I have gone to doing my work.

All of us shape our reality by our perceptions and choices. Anyone can do anything by persistence and belief. You can bring sunshine into someones life with smiling at them. You can light up your world by helping others with the little things in life. A compliment about a dress, helping with groceries, or any other way you can help another.

Reality shapes with the energies that we put into it. I do not understand why people curse others as who would want that energy back. People who nonstop complain always find something to complain about or they are lost.  So spirituality is also about just being thankful at times. Happiness is a state of mind and it does not mean that life has to be perfect. It just means that we are happy to be alive and know that by endurance and persistence we will have more things to be happy about in our lives.


1 comment:

bpoorshoes said...

Nita, I am so glad that you seem to have recovered!!

I've been focusing a lot lately on the topic you wrote about, so I feel fortunate to have read this right now :) ...

I have a friend who reads tarot, and he often leaves people with these words from the Bible, some of the parting words of Moses... (I paraphrase) "here I have set before you blessings and curses, life and death; I ask that you CHOOSE LIFE."

I am coming to believe this is true, as you indicate, even in something as seemingly spiritually insignificant as "the economy." If any one person chooses blessings in his own heart, it seems he will be blessed by the same measure. To put it in "new age" terms, we create our own reality.

Bill

Welcome to my Blog

My blog will be about my work helping others with spiritual problems. I will talk about methods, try to brainstorm on different methods, and many of the problems I encounter and the people encounter with being able to be healed.