Sunday, April 13, 2014

Invaluable Opportunities

“Hard times build determination and inner strength. Through them we can also come to appreciate the uselessness of anger. Instead of getting angry nurture a deep caring and respect for troublemakers because by creating such trying circumstances they provide us with invaluable opportunities to practice tolerance and patience.”

- Dalai Lama XIV

I remember this quote every day. It is because of the fact that no day is perfect. Practicing loving kindness as a meditation is a benefit to me. I like to walk now and use the walking to meditate on loving kindness and send it to the people around me. I mentioned this before but to make a day beautiful for someone can just be from receiving an act of kindness. Someone going to an extra effort to show they care.

I know that anger is easy to do. I was shocked when I found out that frustration is a form of anger. I always said I am not angry just frustrated. Troublemakers and life just do not make sense at times. So I had a frustration about things that did not seem to make sense. Why do I fill out three forms for a credit card and they make me sign the one they give back to me. Why does it seem the mail never arrives when you want it to do so? The questions of life that you can never figure out.

I found that many of the things that happen in life can be a help to others. It can also be a blessing to the other people. Helping others to have solutions to problems and being kind to others is always such a nice experience. Acting silly where I can get people to laugh is something I consider a blessing. Laughter can keep someone going through sorrow, grief and pain.

All the people I do work for build their inner strength with the unusual problems that happen to them. It helps them to perceive life differently. It teaches them strength and the knowledge that the only thing we can control is our own actions and what we do in our life. Taking responsibility and doing the right actions is not easy. Yet it feels life with deep caring, and appreciation.

It is a way for me to work upon my life and give me thought through the words of others which is why I enjoy quotes so much.

No comments:

Welcome to my Blog

My blog will be about my work helping others with spiritual problems. I will talk about methods, try to brainstorm on different methods, and many of the problems I encounter and the people encounter with being able to be healed.