Friday, March 4, 2011

Who makes these Changes?

I have not written as much because I wanted to find some new way to give ideas. I plan to do a piece of writing I find interesting each week. This week it is a poem from Jelaluddin Rumi who was born in 1207.

Who Makes these Changes?
Who makes these changes?
I shoot an arrow right
and it lands left
I ride after a deer
and find myself chased by a hog
I plot to get what I want
and I end up in prison
I dig pits to trap others
and I fall in.
I should be suspicious
of what I want.

How many of us work hard and plan things in our lives and have things change on us. I know many times I have had to ask myself. How did these changes happen? How did these things occur? I had the right intent and did the right things but then chance and change enters into the situation and it end result is the same but it is sure different in how it happens.

Change can be positive but how many of us are afraid of change. Just read the poem. The people afraid of change always shoot an arrow to the right and have it land in the left. They chase after something and have it change and start chasing them. Maybe all of us should be more suspicious of what we want in life.

We may feel it is right for us but these changes occur because of our choices not being quite right no matter how hard we try to make things work. Endurance will work even when the changes are not what we want and we can endure until things turn right. I always feel it is because of the fear that change causes in many people. We twist every thing to our worries and how things never go right for us.

I know that things always happen with in the divine plan so when the changes occur I know that the Divine always has a hand in the changes to make things go right. It may surprise us where we feel like we are chasing after something and then find something chasing us back. Yet we are always have to realize we are not in control and are here to enjoy the challenges and the ride.

No comments:

Welcome to my Blog

My blog will be about my work helping others with spiritual problems. I will talk about methods, try to brainstorm on different methods, and many of the problems I encounter and the people encounter with being able to be healed.