Monday, February 20, 2012

Master of Our Emotions

If I feel depressed I will sing. If I feel sad I will laugh. If I feel ill I will double my labor. If I feel fear I will plunge ahead. If I feel inferior I will wear new garments. If I feel uncertain I will raise my voice. If I feel poverty I will think of wealth to come. If I feel incompetent I will think of past success. If I feel insignificant I will remember my goals. Today I will be the master of my emotions.
Og Mandino

I read this quote and thought of how many people do many of these actions. I sing or laugh when I am not having a good day. I find a way to laugh at myself to break through and say I trust in the process of life. I do raise my voice when I am making a point when I am uncertain  of what to do. When I am upset I think of the things I have done right and look at myself to see if I need a new way to do things or a new way to focus on a project.

All of us have our trained reactions to make ourselves feel better. Yet do we ever look at our emotions during the day. Do we think that person is trying to make me unhappy so instead I will just relax and be happy. Is that person needing to complain or is it because they enjoy complaining?

To be in control of our emotions we have to stand back and watch ourselves and how we react. We have to be confident in our own person and be able to know that they are going through the patterns of their own life. We do not have to allow them to cause us to lose control.

The more we watch ourselves the more we realize what we are and live in our own truth. Things we do not like we can change to where we feel more comfortable with our own emotions until they become like old friends. It is a way to care for our own self and our own choices. It is also a way to care for others so we have the love and kindness with in us to be compassionate and help them through their bad moments. 

No comments:

Welcome to my Blog

My blog will be about my work helping others with spiritual problems. I will talk about methods, try to brainstorm on different methods, and many of the problems I encounter and the people encounter with being able to be healed.