Monday, May 20, 2013

Surprises-Learning things the hard way

I have been finding solutions for the problems I have been having in the Philippines. I am living alone here and most people do not realize how hard it is to learn the rules in a new country. Just the banking and immigration rules can be hard to do. I know that I try to be an organized person yet life can make things so they surprise you.

One of the characteristics of the dream is that nothing surprises us in it. With no regret, we agree to live in it with strangers, completely cut off from our habits and friends.
Jean Cocteau 

I felt this way recently when I was unable to access my money. I never would have thought that would happen to me. I have always been kind to others and when they say they will do something I believe them. Yet here I am in a country that I hoped to make my home having problems.

Everyone knows the rules but because you are a foreigner you can cope. Then life throws a curve ball at you where you do not know what to do. I always thought it would be easy to access money but it has been like a chain of events. You need this to do that and that to do this.

Once you do learn the rules it surprises you. I was told the embassy would help out if I really needed them. I went to the embassy and the only thing that they said they would do is pester all my friends and loved ones for the money to get a ticket to go home. I can do that myself.

None of the things that made up the world happened here and I had to endure through the new rules so I am doing OK but it is not easy to learn the hard way. Yet it has been my dream and this quote applies because I was surprised when I should not have been surprised. I knew it was a different country and have to figure out how to work around the rules.

No comments:

Welcome to my Blog

My blog will be about my work helping others with spiritual problems. I will talk about methods, try to brainstorm on different methods, and many of the problems I encounter and the people encounter with being able to be healed.