Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Liking yourself


I don't believe you have to be better than everybody else. I believe you have to be better than you ever thought you could be.
Ken Venturi

I have always believed that the person to compete with was yourself. I have spent a lifetime watching other people competing with each other. They are not happy because when you compete with someone else you have to act like them and not be yourself. You try to do the things someone else does better or look better.

I have been competing with myself for years and the truimphs are a great benefit. I have lost more weight than I have ever lost before now. So I am happy with the fact that I did something good for myself. I have been persistent when I have been exercising. I am now hoping to see more results because you never notice them when you look at yourself all the time.

I have seen wonderful people trying to be someone else because they are popular or stylish. They are wonderful and being wonderful is always stylish. Yet it is not easy to be yourself and not follow what society is doing where you fit into society. It is more rewarding and interesting than acting like everyone else.

Happiness and joy in life comes from liking yourself and that is not always easy to do. Yet once you do it and enjoy your life you never want to go back to being someone else.

No comments:

Welcome to my Blog

My blog will be about my work helping others with spiritual problems. I will talk about methods, try to brainstorm on different methods, and many of the problems I encounter and the people encounter with being able to be healed.