Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Silence

 Silence is the absolute poise or balance of body, mind and spirit."
-- Charles A. Eastman (Ohiyesa), SANTEE SIOUX



I loved this quote and had to share it with you. My Grandfather was in the same Native American school that Charles A. Eastman was in but was adopted into a family because he was half white. My father was born in 1910 and had children when he was in his forties. My dad helped an Uncle of his who ran a trap line in Northern Michigan. He always taught me to be silent and feel myself to balance myself with nature.

I read this quote and know where he learned it. Silence is highly underrated in today's world. A great many people I know hate it when they are silent. I can be quite a talker myself especially when I am nervous. My favorite people are the people I want to be silent around and feel the energies. 

I chatter more because I do not connect to the negativity around me that is present in the people, land and cities that do not have good energies. I do not want to connect to those energies. I wonder if that is why so many people of the world can no longer function or like silence. They do not like the energies around them or the energies of their inner selves. It is hard to be silent if you do not like yourself. People also run a mental dialogue in their mind and their mind never stops talking. Stillness is also a talent to calm your mind.

So all of you who have not done it in a while meditate and be still and silent. See how the world opens up for you.

No comments:

Welcome to my Blog

My blog will be about my work helping others with spiritual problems. I will talk about methods, try to brainstorm on different methods, and many of the problems I encounter and the people encounter with being able to be healed.