Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Encouragement and Love

“Flatter me, and I may not believe you. Criticize me, and I may not
like you. Ignore me, and I may not forgive you. Encourage me, and I will
not forget you. Love me and I may be forced to love you.”

 William Arthur Ward


I have to agree with this quote from the experiences of my own life. I have made my mistakes in assessing people and what they act like to me and others. My wise Aunt once told me that how people act is more important than what they say or others say about them. I made my mistakes in life and realized how true this was when dealing with others.

I have a dysfunctional family so my first mistake was keeping friends who acted like my family so many of us do this to ourselves. I have always been criticized and ignored by my Mother and Sisters. I grew very good at criticizing and ignoring others.Once I started studying the works of spirituality I started to change. All of the things I had been shown to do to others I had to look at and say do I like myself. If I do not like myself then why am I doing this to myself and others.

I had an ex flatter me and say all of the right things. I would have done anything for him. Yet again I was picking people like others I had been around who only thought of themselves.  He ended up causing me problems that lasted for years that I had to work through and resolve. I found that many people laughed at others being naive or trusting. It hurt worse than my family and I tried to hide the sweetness, love and kindness behind being tough.

I found people who encouraged me in my work. I love helping others for that reason. Yet many times it comes down to being blunt and telling the truth. People do not always like this and do not see that I accept that back from others as well. I saw with their expectations that they were ignoring what I really am and what they had to do in their lives.Expectations can be deadly as the divine healer is the one who decides and has control. The rest of us just wait upon him.

I have loved many people and some have loved me back. It is the most wonderful experience especially if you find someone who not only loves you but encourages you. It does not mean you had sex with them or that they do what you want them to do. It is just genuine love for a person you care for and understand. It is the blessing of life. I have had others do this for me and I have done that for others also. The criticism, flattering and ignoring that you experience from others make it so once you find the difference you never let it go.

May everyone find the person who will encourage and love them in their lives. If you have found them give them a hug and kiss to let them know you appreciate them.

No comments:

Welcome to my Blog

My blog will be about my work helping others with spiritual problems. I will talk about methods, try to brainstorm on different methods, and many of the problems I encounter and the people encounter with being able to be healed.